For docility – 1 is Ideal (Docile), 3 is less ideal (restless) and 5 is aggressive. (Scores of 1 and 2 are preferred).
For traits scored 1-9:
• 4 and 6 show slight variation from ideal but this includes most animals. Any animal scoring 4 and 6 would be acceptable in any breeding program.
• 3 and 7 shows greater variation, but would be acceptable in most commercial breeding programs, but seed stock producers should be wary.
• 2 and 8 are low scoring animals and should be looked at closely before purchasing.
• 1 and 9 should not be catalogued and are considered culls.
• Beef-Class Scoring Table (pictured right)
click to download a printable version (PDF 169kb).
• Beef-Class Structural Assessment Form
click to download a printable version (PDF 72kb).